Sunday, February 27, 2011

Birthday Torta per la giovane fiorentina



HAPPY BIRTHDAY! LOVE YOUR LIFE AND BE ALWAYS HAPPY!

Inspired by Jamie Oliver's Torta della giovane Sara I created a birthday cake for my daughter living in Florence right now. 








































Vik, if you liked the pictures and want to taste it in real-life, follow the recipe:

250g       butter, melted
500g       flour
4             eggs
300g       sugar
1             lemon or orange, peel and juice
1 sachet  of dry yeast ( 11g)
100g       pine nuts

Whisk the eggs together with the sugar until creamy. Add all the remaining ingredients but the pine nuts (the melted butter should be cooled down a bit) and mix well.
Fill the dough into a buttered baking form and sprinkle it with the pine nuts. Bake in a preheated oven (180°) for 30 - 40 minutes depending on the size of the baking forms. I took three small forms and let them in the oven for 35 minutes.
(I must confess, that I also sprinkled candied orange zests over the dough. CAUTION, they  didn't sink in but adopted the appearance of roasted onions. Luckily I could shake them off...) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment