Sunday, February 06, 2011

An evening with The Forsythe Company

Festspielhaus Hellerau. The Forsythe Company performing "Theatrical Arsenal II".
I admit it was hard in the beginning. And I don't know if I shall recommend this experience  or not. Yet it was an experience.
In the beginning my mind feverishly tried to find some point of reference, a story, a structure to be recognized, anything to align the visual impressions. It didn't work; obviously I had to change  my
attitude.
Next step: with some deep inhalings/exhalings and physical relaxation (like when practising Yoga) I tried to tranquilize my mind and just let it happen - whatever.
...animals.... nightmare... handicaps....obstacles... absence of rules... perfect body control...disturbing voices...so strange... beauty...dance overcomes the Babylon of cultures.... coloured elegance... absolutely NO boredom...feel like joining the dancers ... excellent mood... perfect evening...





The Forsythe Company, Theatrical Arsenal II

No comments:

Post a Comment