Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Exciting strawberries: David's sorbet and #9 Kelly's rickshaw


Since strawberries are in full season now (we can pick them ourselves in endless strawberry fields nearby), I have been looking for some more exciting recipes than the familiar cakes, creams and yoghurts.

Here is the result of my research:






































The  STRAWBERRY SORBET comes from David Lebovitz' book The perfect Scoop, the best ice cream book I ever owned.

Every so often I prepared it, it disappeared in the twinkling of an eye. Believe me, it's best florentine Grom quality!

To make it in your own kitchen you need:

500g fresh and ripe strawberries
150g sugar
1 teaspoon kirsch
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
pinch of salt

Slice the strawberries and toss them in a medium bowl with the sugar and kirsch, stirring until the sugar begins to dissolve. Cover and let stand for an hour, stirring every so often.
Purée the strawberries and the lemon juice in a blender or food processor until smooth.

Chill the mixture thoroughly, then freeze in your ice cream maker.




And when the night comes I recommend the STRAWBERRY RICKSHAW...






































I found this cocktail in eat make read ; it's just awesome!

I love to visit this Blog, because apart from sharing super creative happy hour cocktails (Zucchinitini the latest one)  Kelly has always amazing recipes and readings to offer . Check it out, I'm sure you'll love it too!

The recipe for the strawberry rickshaw you find here.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment