Monday, September 05, 2011

Healthy food week: DAY 1

My Dresden friends urged me to eventually post a healthy meal plan for a whole week to make things easier for them. I hope you, my dear readers from all over the world, will also like this idea.

At times I'll  recommend products or brands you probably won't get outside of Germany. I'm sure though, you might find some viable equivalent in your country.  If not, just ask me please.  For the rest, feel free to mix and match as you like. After DAY 7 you may repeat or even better: you'll be so inspired that you continue the healthy-food-experiment on your own!

Mainly I use vegetables of the season, grains, beans, fruit, nuts, soy, seitan in my kitchen- well, you know, all the healthy stuff which makes you easily reach the age of hundred without losing your love for life.
Above all, I'm a gourmet, always open to new food experiences and I'd never say no to a perfectly brewed cappucino or a fancy cocktail at night...

DAY 1

Breakfast
    Almwiesenmuesli with vanilla milk and a teaspoon of flaxseed oil
    Green Sencha Tea

Lunch
    Roasted zucchini
    Vegetable Sandwich, you may pimp it with  a super delicious Kür-Biss snack bar. (I buy it in the VG          
    Dresden.)

Dinner
    Red bean tomato salad with fresh lemon balm and tiny oregano leaves
    Thin crisp rosemary/salt bread

Snacks
    Some raisins and almonds, a bit of dark chocolate





Slice the Zucchini, add salt, pepper and peperoncino flakes, roast in the oven with olive oil

Soak the beans in cold water  at least 6 hours before cooking.  Drain and rinse them and put them in a pot. Add water and a bay leaf, do not add salt. Bring them to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for about an hour until they are tender.
Assemble the cooked red beans and the chopped tomatoes, season with salt, pepper, vinegar and olive oil. Let it rest for half an hour to allow the beans to soak up the flavours. Sprinkle with chopped lemon balm and oregano leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment