Monday, July 15, 2013

Rose Jam

inspiration and recipe by  CHLOE' SS 2013 and Marmellata di rose































































The fact that the pictures of the Chloe dress and the marmellata di rose were so beautiful, the recipe so simple and my own roses in full bloom made me wish to loose not a second to try it (picturing the beautiful images my camera would take in front of my inner eye). First thing in the morning I went out to pick a bowl full of the petals of my mozart rose.































































Then I mixed 200g rose petals with the juice of half a lemon and 200g sugar for a minute with my hands.
In the meantime I heated the water with the other 300g sugar and poured in the mixture of roses. After I brought it  to a boil, I reduced the heat and let the mixture simmer for another 40 minutes.

Then I took the jam from the heat and stirred it gently with a wooden spoon for 10 minutes as I had learned from my grandma. So you can always be sure that the jam thickens without using gelatine or additional pectine.





I recommend to try it with ciabatta and fresh goat cheese, as suggested in the original recipe. 




No comments:

Post a Comment